Sunday, March 23, 2008

Super Smash Bros Brawl Review



When I found out that a new Smash Brothers was being released, I was immediately excited. The day it came out was the day I bought it. The last time I had played a Smash Brothers game was on the N64 and it was amazing then. When it was released for the Gamecube, I had gone the Sony route and bought a PS2, so I kinda missed out on that one, oh well. So now, having a Wii and all, I decided, for $49.99 CDN, why not?

The opening sequence was very enjoyable to watch with the standard epic Nintendo orchestrations; it certainly pumped me up! I selected single player and away I went! I also love how you can play online, that's always a bonus!

The level selection is very well done, I really love the interaction with the DS one, and how it draws out the background for you to give you an unpredictable environment! As for the character selection, I am impressed and also with knowing that there are plenty of characters to unlock as I progress with gameplay.

The choice to do the standard game until you reach the Master Hand is always fun, but have been really enjoying the Adventure Mode! With all of the characters tied in to one evil plot...well, it's geeky and awesome.

The only thing I am not as in love with about this game is that it is really fast paced. Things are popping out of nowhere every millisecond. It's good and bad. Maybe I'm just getting too old... Other than that, if you want to be Pikachu and kick Mario's ass, it's totally worth it. I love it!

No comments: